Previous Journal: [link]
Hey guys! It's been a super long time since I've updated my journal and I was really eager to do so but I never had the opportunity!
I wanted to let everyone who was concerned about my status to get an update~
As usual there is always good news and bad news and I will get the bad news out of the way first:
-My other brother lost his job during Hurricane Sandy. He used to work at the Statue of Liberty but the storm wiped out the entire island. He had a part time job as a part of Liberties clean up crew but as of now he is unemployed and we are heavily relying on unemployment checks.
- I had no luck finding a job. You must imagine how hard it is to find a job when you have no experience. People are afraid to hire someone who doesn't any experience with work. I'm confident that I'd be an excellent employee but its ridiculously hard proving that.
I really want to help around with the bills. Sometimes I feel useless or like a burden and I don't want to feel like this anymore. I want to be able to help and hold my own. I'm tired of seeing something that's inexpensive and then walking away because I can't afford it.
I'm tired of living this lifestyle and money dictating my happiness and being surrounded in debt, loans, bills, and depression.
I've applied to almost 50 jobs and absolutely no luck has come my way.
-I have to do a dramatic pause on commissions (Commissions and donations are my only source of income) because time is going to be very hard to manage! I feel horrible about not being able to draw for every single person who donates but I will still try my very best. I have no idea if I'll even get art for myself done and I'll explain in the "good" section.
- I wont be able to leave supportive comments on the people I watch and have supported as frequently as I used to, times getting super super tight! But I will make an honest attempt to get around to those who have supported my work and stopped by even to say hello! It's the least I can do!
Unto the good news:
- First I'd like to really thank everyone, every-single-one of you that helped me along this journey! Seriously guys I'm just blown away at just how much help I've received! I've even made a TON of new friends as well!
- Many of you deviants have stepped up and mailed me such incredible packages which even included a great coat I wear almost everyday!
I've received about 3 jackets, socks, gloves, scarves, points, donations to paypal and so much more! I even have a package that's scheduled to get to me in a week and boy I can say that its a relief and exciting!
-I've received a Premium membership from an incredible deviant named
and another individual named
which put a smile on my face and sometimes things like this really boost my mood! I apologize for not being able to give my personal thanks to you guys!
- 3 shoes were donated to me and I love them all! It goes a huge way! It's an improvement from those run down shoes with holes.
- I brought supplies that really help me finally feel like a regular girl. You must understand just how incredible that feels to me. To have more than one comb, soaps, lotions, body washes with several scents, hair supplies and everything else I was able to get to make me feel a LOT more joyful! And a self esteem boost!
- My CPU was replaced! I no longer have an old 1.5gig memory (How is that even possible???), intel Celeron PC! I have a computer that can run windows 7, play games, not shut down randomly, not freeze or close programs like Word, Sai, and PS. Just a new faster computer that I've waited 7 whole YEARS for! I'm STILL excited for it! I love this dearly, it's one less stress to worry about, I don't have to deal with restarting a few hundred times to get a paper or email reply done!
-Again I'm still eating well ,sometimes not as much as I should and that's only because I'm nervous of going flat broke and trying to save money to feel....I don't know..safe? But all and all the donations are feeding me! And it feels great!
- My brother found a hospital that was willing to do his surgery and it's gone successfully! He is all healed up and ready to find a job once more.
- Here is some SERIOUSLY amazing news. After getting some guidance from
(should check out her web comic!) who told me to talk to the president of SVA. I pleaded with him, told him my story and what I go through on a daily bases. He listened to everything I had to say and then eventually dropped my 6k bill ENTIRELY! He said that my high grades gave him reason to believe that the reason I was needed to leave the school was simply because of my financial situation. He mailed me my transcript about a week later and then I applied for other schools. I am really grateful that he sympathized with me and I will NEVER forget that! Or even delete the email of that incredible news!
-I was accepted into my new school! Parsons New School for Design! I'm really excited! I hear the school is competitive so I'm honored to be apart of the hand picked group! Whats even better is that after I explained the rough lifestyle that I live and what I went through with SVA, they opted to give me ADDITIONAL financial Aid! I even have a personal financial aid adviser! I'm actually covered completely for the spring semester!
I start school January 28 and I'm mixed between excited and nervous! I think the most nerve wracking part is not having any new clothing for school yet. Not having a laptop to work from, or a phone to use when I get out of class at 11PM and have to walk home alone (NYC is dangerous at night for a lady!). I kinda just feel unprepared when it comes to going to class with cash and stuff. I mean I'm poor but I don't want everyone to KNOW I'm poor! If you get what I mean? It's already embarrassing enough!
My uncle (The only family supporting me) wants to get me a metro card to go to school every month. He really doesn't want anything to get in the way of school again and I don't either.
This time I want to stay in school. I want to go through with it to the end! The road to getting out of poverty is hard but I'm tired of this life style and I'm ready to find the exit. If being in school and working hard is what it takes than I'll do just that.
*Whats on my list to do is, getting money to buy clothing for my fresh start at a new school (Shirts, pants, sweaters, stockings -cough- underwear).
*Getting a laptop (since I will be in school for a very long time Monday thru Thurs 7, classes, some ending at 11PM)
*Getting a phone so I can communicate with family, friends, emergency calls if I'm introuble at night, teachers, ect
* Paying for supplies and books
*Buying containers so I can make my lunch at home and save money
*Doing the best I can in school
If you are interested in helping me get by:
I've been doing commissions and art donations but since I am starting school, I wont be able to get the drawings done. I will also feel absolutely crappy accepting donations with out having something to give back to you guys! So I might have to put this on hold and manage on my own for now ;o;!
So far all of the donations and commissions have help:
Replace some worn clothing
Help keep me alive and well!
I still would appreciate any kind of support! Even if its supporting my art or just mentally!
I'm also thinking about starting a mini company that does incredible and unique designs for T shirts! A self employment and maybe even make it big with today's youth! I've always loved the thought of seeing my art being worn by others and I hope with careful planing and support I can make that dream a reality and find my way around poverty while never forgetting where I came from, and the people who helped me get up to the top!
Thank you guys so much! I say this a lot but I can't think of anything to say I'm speechless I really am!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!
PS: Sorry for the super long journal! ;~; And does anyone know how to create a custom journal skin? I don't want this awesome membership going to waste!